- Collecting, tracking and measuring a total patient harm rate.
- Monitoring the overall patient safety within your organization.
- Employing major strategies to improve patient care everywhere, every time and for every patient.
- Identifying harms that occur within your organization.
- Developing and implementing a quality plan to eliminate preventable harms and readmissions along with the specific cost savings to your organization.
- Implementing best practices to reduce harm & preventable readmissions within 30 days.
- Educating and building improvement capacity.
- Providing education on Clinical Topics, Leadership, & Safety Culture.
- Participating in the applicable goals of the Better Care, Smarter Spending, and Healthier People: Improving Our Health Care Delivery System established by the U.S. Department of Health and Human Services (press release Jan.26, 2015) and any future HEN initiatives via the Centers for Medicare and Medicaid (CMS).